We're really hoping that you will enter a quilt or embroidery piece into the Open Competition we are holding at the British Quilt and Stitch Village in 2013. There are lots of great prizes to be won from our very generous sponsors. Anyone can enter, whatever your experience or ability. You certainly don't have to be an expert, and there are categories for small and large pieces of work. There's a children's category too, in both the quilting and embroidery sections. Plus there's a special theme category: 'New Beginnings'. Perhaps an entry into the show in 2013 will be a new beginning for you, too? We want everyone to feel that they can have a go, and every entry is welcome and will be proudly displayed.
Download the entry form here or see below for more details on the competition categories.
There are six Quilt Competition categories:
1. Bed Quilt Category. Cot, single, double, or larger, up to the maximum size.
2. Innovative Quilt Category. To include non-traditional quilt designs, patterns, techniques and/or materials.
At least 24" in one direction, up to the maximum size.
3. Wall Hanging Category. At least 24" in one direction, up to the maximum size.
4. Three-Dimensional Category. To include bags, soft sculpture, clothing etc, and which can be displayed
on a hanger or free-standing on a table.
5. Special Theme Category: ‘New Beginnings’. At least 24" in one direction, up to the maximum size.
6. Children’s Category. Open to an individual child, or group of children, up to the age of 16 at the time of
entry. No minimum size, up to the maximum size.
There are five Embroidery Competition categories:
1. Traditional Embroidery Category. Traditional Techniques.
2. Innovative Embroidery Category. Non-traditional techniques and/or materials.
3. Three-dimensional Category.
4. Special Theme Category: ‘New Beginnings’.
5. Children’s Category. Open to an individual child, or group of children, up to the age of 16 at the time of entry.
For full details, terms and conditions etc, download the entry form.